Being a new blogger essentially means you’re struggling to do everything yourself and you’re barely making enough money for a cup of coffee (if you’re making any at all).
Spending hundreds of dollars on courses is out of the question. Even when you know that’s the ONLY way this blogging thing is going to work.
No sweat! We’ve got 8 incredible books that teach you the action steps you need to get ahead.
The Best Business Books for Blogging
1. Superfans: The easy way to stand out, grow your tribe and build a successful business by Pat Flynn.
Growing a tribe is a huge part of blogging. Pat Flynn takes this concept to a whole other level by bringing you beyond the numbers of subscribers/followers you have and focusing on what actually matters. Who are the people you’re serving and what do they really need from you?
When done the right way, this simple concept will teach you how to…
- Find the people made for your business
- Create content that will change their lives
- And, SKYROCKET your business (and your income!) in the process.
This book is the ultimate guide to creating loyal fans who will stick with you forever.
2. Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run Itself by Mike Michalowicz.
So many entrepreneurs work for years to build their own businesses, chasing the dream of working for yourself and eliminating the 9-5 rat race. What often happens is people create businesses that actually require them to work double (or sometimes triple) what they did during the 9-5 struggle.
Clockwork teaches you how to build a business that you won’t need to escape from.
Full of action steps that you can implement as you go along this book teaches you how to…
- Create systems
- Focus on what’s important
- Empower yourself (and any employees you have or might have in the future) to make important decisions.
This book is relevant whether you’re starting from the beginning or struggling with a business you’ve had for years that can’t seem to survive 5 minutes without you.
3. How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul by Ruth Soukup.
This little blogging book is a serious gamechanger. Written by Ruth Soukup (founder of Elite Blog Academy, this book is a fantastic blogging resource. The book will outline what you need to do to start making money from your blog in a friendly, easy-to-read style.
How to Blog for Profit Without Selling Your Soul gives you action steps to follow that will show you how to…
- Create content that will get noticed.
- Build a strategy for getting your posts out there.
- Pursue the income streams that will work for your business.
- Improve your productivity so you can get more done.
This book will get you excited about blogging and help you understand the steps you need to take to become a successful blogger.
4. 12 Week Year by Brian Moran and Michael Lennington.
The ultimate productivity system that we have used for years at the Busy Budgeter. The 12 week year teaches you an easy to follow system that will have you making huge progress on your business (and your life!) every 12 weeks.
The step by step guide focuses on 3 principles and the actions you need to take so that you can…
- Accomplish your biggest goals
- Increase your income
- Find work/life balance (yes, seriously!)
If you are ready to learn how to get more done without sacrificing everything else, this is the system we highly recommend.
5. Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod.
Have you ever considered how a morning routine would help you find the success, clarity and focus you’ve been looking for? This book helps you create a morning routine that will transform your life.
The Miracle Morning will help you…
- Identify what will make the biggest impact on your success.
- Create a morning routine so you can accomplish your goals.
- Help you focus on your priorities.
- Take control no matter what challenges you’re facing.
When you stop “trying to survive” and create a plan to focus on your priorities significant changes will happen in every aspect of your life.
6. Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy.
Blogging is a TON of work. So when you’re new, trying to do everything on your own and you can’t afford help … you need time management ideas that will actually work.
This book will walk you through several strategies that make a HUGE impact on your time so you can…
- Decide which tasks are most important.
- Get your most important work done.
- Increase your productivity and self-discipline.
If you’re struggling with how to get everything done and you usually end up frustrated and overwhelmed these small, easy to digest action steps will save you a lot of time and energy.
7. Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller.
If the idea of marketing a product or even your regular content is terrifying and you have no idea where to start, this is the book for you.
This book teaches you the step by step framework to CLEAR marketing messages that will get noticed and resonate with your audience.
The Storybrand approach is broken down into an easy to follow road map that will help you…
- Create clear messages that avoid confusion.
- Build your marketing messages step by step.
- Implement your messaging in a way that gets results.
If selling/marketing is confusing to you, Building a Story Brand will help clear things up.
8. Profit First by Mike Michalowicz.
This is the step by step accounting system that we use here at the Busy Budgeter. By following a few simple principles, running the financial part of your business is super easy and takes almost no time at all.
This book will walk you through the foundation you need to get set up so you can…
- Follow a quick and easy system to manage your money.
- Stop struggling to make ends meet and become profitable.
- Learn how to create consistent cash flow.
If the financial side of your business is stressful for you, this will take out the guesswork and give you an easy to follow complete accounting system.
*Note: Don’t invest in this system until you’re making money (even a small amount of money!)
Well, that's our list.
What are your favorite business books for blogging? Share them in the comments!