It’s Fall! Bring on the scarecrows, autumn, leaves, beautiful crisp weather, apple pies and pumpkin spice everything! In the fall, we turn our favorite home-made donuts into the perfect pumpkin autumn treat. Fresh out of the fryer, these melt in your mouth and transport you directly to the nearest pumpkin patch.
We love to make these at night for dessert with a cup of pumpkin spice coffee. Bonus points if you enjoy them on the back deck at 10pm when all the munchkins are peacefully sleeping.
- 1 Can of Buttermilk Biscuits (any brand, just not the "Flaky" kind)
- Oil for Frying (we use canola oil)
- ½ cup Powdered Sugar
- 1½ Tablespoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Heat oil in either a stockpot or a deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Separate biscuits and using a small container (empty spice jars work perfect), cut circles out of the middle of the biscuits. Save the middles- they will become donut holes.
- Fill a gallon sized storage bag with powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Shake well to combine ingredients.
- Drop biscuits into hot oil for about 20 seconds on each side. Look for a light golden color.
- As soon as they are done, put them into the bag of seasoning and sugar.
- Close the top and shake the bag to cover donuts.
- Remove to a plate to let cool.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click & make a purchase, I receive a small commission that helps keep the Busy Budgeter up and running. Read my full disclosure policy here.