15 Minute Bacon Egg & Cheese Breakfast Pizzas (Freezer Friendly!)
These 15 minute breakfast pizzas are a fast and easy breakfast option!
When it comes to eating well and eating homemade, one place where I really seem to drop the ball is with breakfast. My pantry always seems to be packed full of sugary cereals that have the nerve to call themselves breakfast — because it’s easy. I’m also definitely guilty of hitting up the drive thru one or two too many times, especially when I’m really in a pinch for time.
Recently, though, I’ve resolved to do a lot more home-cooking and a lot less sugary cereal-buying. These breakfast pizza bagels have rocked my breakfast routine — they’re a great way to have a home-cooked breakfast in under 15 minutes.
These mini breakfast pizzas were inspired by one of our favorite breakfasts around here, but I love that these are individual, personal pizzas, and as a bonus, they freeze very well, too! You can spend a little time prepping on the weekends and easily have breakfast for the rest of the week!
So let’s get started.
- First, lightly salt and pepper your eggs, add some garlic powder for extra flavor (and a splash of tabasco sauce, if you like a little extra kick), and cook/scramble your eggs in a hot nonstick skillet. No need to add any milk or water!
- Once the eggs have cooked, evenly sprinkle them over the bagels.
Oh, and speaking of these bagels, make sure you always check your reduced racks in your grocery store bakery!
These were $1.50 as opposed to the $4 bag in the bread aisle — they had one day left before they expired, but since I knew I was going to be freezing these the expiration date didn’t matter.
- Now on to the bacon… lots and lots of bacon! You can cook your own on a skillet or in the oven, but I prefer to save some time and microwave it. Or, you can cheat even further and use pre-cooked bacon crumble pieces, but they tend to be a little pricier.
- Just sprinkle it over the eggs, as much as you’d like (no judgment here!).
- And now the cheese (I like where this is going!). Toss together your mozzarella and cheddar cheese and layer it over the bacon. Add a little dried parsley if you’re feeling fancy.
- And now on to the oven!
Voila! 15 minutes and you’ve got yourself a homemade breakfast!
The thing I really love about these mini breakfast pizzas is that they are entirely freezer friendly. If you’re not going to be eating them all at once, wrap them tightly in saran wrap (I usually also put them in large Ziploc bag or an airtight container, just to be safe) and freeze. These work out well defrosted in either the microwave or in a toaster oven.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
3 plain bagels, sliced
6 large eggs, beaten
⅛ tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
10 fully cooked bacon slices (microwaved according to package instructions), crumbled
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 415° F
Place bagels on an ungreased cookie sheet and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, garlic pepper, salt, and pepper.
Cook/scramble in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Remove eggs from heat and evenly distribute scrambled eggs over bagels.
Sprinkle bacon over eggs.
Toss together mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, and cover the bacon/eggs with cheese mixture.
Bake at 415° F for 10 minutes.
Pizza bagels will be extremely hot right out of the oven, allow them to cool briefly before enjoying.
These also freeze very well — wrap cooled pizza bagels tightly in plastic wrap (I usually place them in an airtight container or in a large Ziploc bag for good measure) and freeze.
Defrost in microwave or toaster oven before enjoying at a later time.