SANTA FE RICE AND BEANS
Suddenly a “Rice and Beans Budget” doesn't sound so bad!
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can black beans (use what you have, this tastes great with kidney beans as well)
- 1 cup of corn kernels (frozen or canned)
- 1¼ cups of salsa, diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with chillies (like Rotel)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup of Mexican cheese (we've used cheddar, Monterey Jack or a taco blend that Wegmans sells)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Combine all ingredients, reserving half of the cheese to sprinkle on top.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish (about 2 quart) and spoon ingredients in.
- Top with the reserved cheese. If you forgot to reserve cheese- don't worry, it will still be delicious.
- Bake covered with foil for 30 minutes.
- Then remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.If you don't have foil. Don't stress, it'll be fine. Or you can bake it for 30 without the cheese on top, then add the cheese and finish cooking for another 10 minutes.
Head over to Pinterest to follow my “Foodie” Board. I have lots of great recipes and ideas waiting for you there.
If you have a favorite cheap recipe, Let me know about it! I love new ideas from you guys.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click & make a purchase, I receive a small commission that helps keep the Busy Budgeter up and running. Read my full disclosure policy here.