How to make the best Valentine’s day you’ll ever have!
Huge shout out to Melt for partnering with us on this post. I’m a huge fan of their courses and love being able to bring my readers exclusive discounts!
Unless your brand new here, you know that I’m not a fan of “stuff”. I’m a huge fan of experiences and getting closer to the people that are important to me. Without a house overflowing with stuff, it’s easier for me to keep it clean, I have so much extra money to set up a life that I love and I’m happier.
Don’t get me wrong, I still have lots of “stuff”. I’m not a minimalist in the traditional sense, I just prefer spending my money on things that will mean something to me or make our life easier.
Take Valentine’s Day for example. Most of my friends spend about $150 on flowers, chocolates, and jewelry.
Over $150 spent for the purpose of being able to post on Facebook “Oh! Look what Jim-Bob surprised me with! I’m so lucky!” on Facebook.”
Stop. Just stop right there.
You have the opportunity to do so much better! Seriously. What do you really want for Valentine’s Day?
To feel closer to your husband? To recapture that heart thumping all encompassing love that you felt in the beginning of your story? To connect in a way that you haven’t since dishes and diapers entered your marriage?
I know exactly how you feel. We were in the same situation.
My husband walked 8 miles in a blizzard to bring me food when we first started dating and I was snowed in. At one point in our marriage with a super active 3 year old and a newborn that woke up every two hours, it was hard for him to walk to the diaper pail for me (totally not blaming him, I was hardly going out of my way either).
We were just trying to get by.
That changed for us, when we found an online couples massage class called Melt. It was exactly what we needed to get out of our slump of dishes, laundry, baby spit up and falling into bed exhausted at the end of the night.
Here’s the deal. It’s not creepy, or naked, or having anything to do with the adult film industry (I seriously got that question from a friend!). By all means, if you want to go that route… Don’t let me stop you! But this is simply an Australian masseur who has worked on everyone from Bon Jovi to Pierce Brosnan and is crazy passionate about teaching people how to breathe new life into their relationships with back massages.
Thanks to the huge success we’ve had with Melt, I’ve been able to get Melt to offer us an insanely good deal for my readers!
Benefits of Melt
- Denis (The Masseur) is an Australian native with 15 years of massage experience that has massaged celebrities ranging from Pierce Brosnan to Pearl Jam.
- You’re learning a skill that benefits your marriage for the rest of your lives together.
- You’re connecting in a way that’s difficult to do with today’s distractions.
- Melt is easily adaptable for your comfort level.
- Melt is frugal! We do a weekly date night with this, that’s 52 dates a year, which makes the cost per date about $1.71.
- Massages literally make you fall in love with your partners hands.
- Whether you’re easily embarrassed or a complete vixen, this will make you feel comfortable. There’s no creepy half naked people getting way too into it. It’s instructional, light and at times even funny.
- The videos are delivered in an online lifetime membership which means that you don’t have to worry about losing or scratching DVD’s.
- You get instructions on everything from the basic massage technique (including a 5 minute quick massage which has become a daily event in our household) all the way to deep tissue massage.
- No tired hands! Learning the right way to massage means that you don’t put stress on your hands which makes your massage feel great for both of you!
The Perfect Valentine’s Day Plan:
- Grab the Melt Video Series for only $89.00 through this special discount until midnight on February 14th, 2016 (Usually $147!).
- Grab a bottle of apricot oil from Amazon (about $5) to use in your massage.
- Write each other letters for Valentine’s Day. If one of you doesn’t love writing, then make a list like “Reasons Why I Love You”. My husband did this for me, and I keep it directly in front of my desk and probably reread it at least once a week.
- A little prep goes a long way! Make sure your bedroom is clean and neat, light a candle, dim the lights, bump the heat a little higher and leave your letters for each other on the bed.
- Put the kids to bed (If you have family or a babysitter nearby, that can work too but we do really well with putting the kids to bed early) and plan to spend the next few hours together learning how to massage and reconnecting. You can hear all about how this went for us in this full review here.
If you have a little extra to spend this Valentine’s Day: Grab one of these! You can make your massage work without this, (we just use pillows), but we’re planning to upgrade to this poof. Plus, it’s gorgeous and would look great in our bedroom!
With a little bit of intentional planning, this Valentine’s Day can be the day that you remember exactly why you married each other and recommit to that idea every single day.
You can find out more about melt here!
This is such an exceptional value. You pay for the course once, and it’s yours for life! That’s literally tons of date nights together. We’ve been doing them for several months already and have no intention of stopping!
Until February 14th, 2016, every purchase of Melt Video Course is only $89! (On sale from the usual rate of $147!)
How do you stay connected to your partner during the busy seasons of your life?
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click & make a purchase, I receive a small commission that helps keep the Busy Budgeter up and running. Read my full disclosure policy here.