Update: 2/21/17 If you’re looking to increase your blog income quickly, there’s a FREE Blog Training that’s extremely powerful (I did it last year) called A Simple Framework for Success. There’s a few problems, it’s LIVE (no replays) and you MUST be registered by March 2nd, 2017 and it’s also limited to the first 500 spots. (I’ll update you here when it’s sold out…. If you get a sold out message, can you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sign up for the FREE Blog Training here! (DON’T WAIT ON THIS! I expect it to sell out quickly!)
Just in case you’re new here, let me start by introducing myself. I’m Rosemarie Groner from The Busy Budgeter and I built up The Busy Budgeter from 60,000 pageviews per month to over 400,000 in 13 months on a new self-hosted blog. I went from making $18/month to over $5,600/month in the same time. There are two things that I did that led to my success.
- Invested heavily in Blogging Classes.
- Used Pinterest like crazy.
Update: 2/19/16 Pro-Blogging Secrets is only available at certain times during the year and is closed right now to the public. However, Elite Blog Academy which is the first class I ever took and is the only other blogging class that I recommend will be going on sale Monday, February 222nd 2016 for 5 days ONLY! You can find out more here.
Investing in a Blogging Class
I invested every single dime that I made on the blog back into the blog for online training. That training taught me how to get to the next level until I was making over $1,000/month. Then I switched to utilizing 15% of my earnings for online classes and other professional development. At this point, I’m going to start investing in 1:1 coaching since I’m making enough to afford that. I’m in the Pro-Blogging Secrets course right now and it’s astonishing to me how much I can still learn about blogging, even with all the classes I’ve taken. You can check out Pro-Blogging Secrets here.
Using Pinterest Like Crazy
Pinterest has revolutionized blogging as a business. (Although bloggers have been making full-time income for years… Pinterest just makes it easier to be successful).
You need Pinterest.
But what if your niche isn’t food or crafts? You need Pinterest!
But what if your niche is mountain biking? You still need Pinterest.
Whatever you write about, as long as you have readers that are women, you need Pinterest.
Pinterest is the EASIEST social media platform by far. It takes me 2 hours every month to run my marketing program for Pinterest to get about 350,000 of those 400,000 pageviews, and it takes me about 10 hours/week (or 40 hours a month!) to run the marketing program for Facebook to get an extra 2,000-6,000 pageviews. That’s insane people!
Why is Pinterest so different?
Because unlike Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest was created as a place to “store” blog posts. That’s it. When you go to Facebook and Twitter, you’re looking to catch up and see what your friends are up to. Bloggers slip in with fan pages and sneak in their content, but that’s not what the platform is made for.
When you go to Pinterest, your only motivation is to find blog posts. Almost everything on Pinterest is blog posts.
When your blog isn’t very big yet, spending most of your time in Pinterest is the smartest thing you can do and will absolutely help you grow quickly. In fact, I didn’t touch my Facebook page until about 6 months ago and only started using Twitter about 2 months ago.
When you’re still small, your goal is to make enough money blogging to afford a blogging class. That’s what I did. You want someone to teach you the ropes, step by step. It’s the single smartest thing you can do to make full-time blogging a reality. High pageviews make that happen quickly.
Blogging Class with a Focus on Pinterest
Pro-Blogging Secrets is one of only two complete blogging classes that I recommend. The other is Elite Blog Academy, but they’re closed to new members right now.
So, let’s talk about Pro Blogging Secrets.
Pro-Blogging Secrets has 4 major benefits over other classes…
Bob Lotich, the creator of the course is dominating Pinterest right now. He blogs at Seedtime (formerly Christian Personal Finance). He’s a fantastic person to learn step by step how to market your blog on Pinterest for massive pageviews (without paying for ads!). He has an entire series in this course on how to start and maximize Pinterest. This unit is worth the cost of the highest package alone.
2. Tech Knowledge
This is one of the very few blogging classes where the teacher actually knows about tech. Things like how to set up a self hosted blog, how to use word press, how to do all of the back end stuff you need to do before you even get to the point of writing. There’s a whole series in the class to teach you the tech basics.
While this wasn’t really needed for me, since I’m well past that stage, it would be really beneficial to someone just starting out (or transferring to be self hosted from something like blogger). Beginner or advanced tiers. This throws a bunch of people off and I got more questions this week about which tier they should get then anything. So let me break it down for you.
3. Only Pay for The Classes You Need
Pro-Blogging Secrets has three different packages of classes so that you only pay for the classes that you need. I get a ton of questions about which class people should get so let me break it down for you…
- The Student Package… includes 41 video lessons, access to the course for 12 months, access to the private Facebook group, and PDF work sheets. This package doesn’t include the Pinterest Unit. I don’t recommend this package to ANYONE that has women in their audience. If you write about mens health, grab this package. If there is a significant portion of women in your target audience, you would be INSANE to not get the Pinterest unit from the blog that’s dominating Pinterest right now (over 25 million pageviews!).
- The Community Package… Everything in the Student Package, plus life time access to the course, 2 group coaching calls with Bob, paper back copies of “How to make money blogging and pro blogging secrets), Pinterest traffic secrets mini course, and Bob’s template to help generate 500,000+ visitos a month. Almost Everyone should get this package. If you aren’t sure which package to get, you should get this package. The obvious one here is the Pinterest Mini Course. That’s priceless. Learning Pinterest from Bob Lotich is a huge deal. Technically, I’m rocking at Pinterest, but Bob is like light years ahead of me.
- The Pro Package… Everything in the prior packages, plus a one hour long 1:1 coaching session with Bob Lotich and Exclusive interviews and expert secrets videos. You also get a USB thumb drive with the classes. This is well worth the money (the coaching call alone is worth that price), BUT only if you’ve already seen some success and are making an income. If you’re making over $1,000 a month from your blog, then I would absolutely get this package. The exclusive interviews and expert secrets shockingly saved me a TON of time and money (efficiency is a big deal in blogging) and I’ve learned a ton. But that 1:1 phone call is priceless to you. (This is the class that I’m in).
4. Honest and Reliable Information
Bob is extremely open and honest about what he uses, and how to make blogging work for you. As you take classes in blogging, you realize that there are two types of teachers… ones that want to make money from you and the ones that want you to make money from them. A great blogging class gives you all of their resources, secrets and lets you know what their doing to be successful. They want you to make money from them. Pro-Blogging Secrets is a great class.
If you take the course seriously, take notes, and do the assignments, this will create you a business.
If someone could have told me a year ago that my initial investment in a blogging class would lead to me making over $5,600/month from a blog there is NO WAY I would have believed them.
It’s not easy… He won’t do the work for you. But if you want to blog full time from home, he’s giving you the information you need to make that happen. Take it seriously and do the work.
And of course, there is a 100% money back guarantee.
Want to learn more? You can head to Pro-Blogging Secrets here…
What’s covered in Pro-Blogging Secrets?
- Content Creation
- Growing Blog Traffic
- Brand Graphics
- Email Marketing
- Making Money
- Advanced Training
First off, if you use this code: BusyBudgeter15 at check out, you can get 15% off your purchase!
I want you to succeed as quickly as possible. So, I’m throwing in two more bonuses with every purchase.
I want you to take this class, apply yourself and be wildly successful. To help you do that, I’m including “The Ultimate Brand Cheat Sheet” for FREE with your purchase of Pro-Blogging Secrets!
The Ultimate Brand Cheat Sheet includes:
- My personal formula for finding the brands that say “Yes”!
- The formula I use to determine how much to charge for sponsored posts.
- A template for my pitch emails (to send to brands when you want to work with them).
- A template for my canned responses (to send to brands when they contact me)
- A template for my media kit, which you can edit to add your own logo and information then save as a PDF to send to brands.
Just forward your welcome letter to me at Busybudgeter@gmail.com to grab the Ultimate Brand Cheat Sheet!
Get you’re bonuses by forwarding your receipt email to email@example.com and I’ll send out your freebies right away!
If you’re ready to take your blog to the next level, head here to buy Pro-Blogging Secrets.
(Update: 9/19/16: Sorry guys! You missed Pro-Blogging Secrets! It’s only available at certain times of the year. But Elite Blog Academy is available starting 2/22/16! You can find out more here! You’ll be thrilled with Elite Blog Academy. It’s the first blogging class I’ve ever taken and I attribute my success to it.)
P.S. If you join, tag me in the Facebook group and say Hi!
What if you can’t afford a class at all? If you haven’t made money from your blog and you don’t have enough in your budget to take this class? I did a tutorial to get started in Pinterest on the Side Hustle Nation Podcast, you can check it out for free here. Put your head down, work hard, get Adsense up on your blog and set your goal to make $200 so that you can invest in a blogging course…
A Word of Caution:
You need to do the work in order to be successful. The ones that give up will never be successful at this. Give this a year. One year of your life to reach full time income. A minimum of 10 hours a week. That’s two hours a night blogging on the couch when your husband watches TV during weekdays.
Ditch your other hobbies for a year and put every bit of energy you can into this. If you think this isn’t possible because you stay at home with kids and never get a second to yourself… I hear you. But you can make this work. I ran a daycare with 4 kids for 10 hours a day and blogged at night for 9 months of my first year. It was insane, but I had faith that the end result would be worth it. It was. Take the class seriously. Don’t skip a single assignment, and put every ounce of your heart into this. You can do this, I can help.
Links contained in this post may be affiliate links, which means that a percentage of your purchase may be granted to me at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting The Busy Budgeter!